Old May 2nd 04, 06:22 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Dennis Carr at
wrote on 5/1/04 11:17 PM:

On Sun, 02 May 2004 01:33:51 +0000, LITTLEMISSCONNIE wrote:

My dear Sissy cat and I have moved alot in the past few years, but I have
just
moved to Tx from Wa and now she has diahrrea all the time. I don't know if
it
is the water which I think stinks, but my mother doesn't, who has lived here
for 15 yrs. I have also turned her into an indoor cat from an outdoor cat.

I know you can't afford it being your circumstances put you in an
incredibly low income bracket, but the problem is that it can be any
number of things - change of environment, sudden parasite, and yes,
perhaps the water as well - and the only way you're going to find out
what it is and what the treatment is is if a vet does a fecal screen.

That being said, I would highly recommend you check with your local humane
society and find out if there are any low-cost clinics in your area. If
the cat is dehydrated, though, look for emergency vet clinics and GO NOW.

You can certainly switch to bottled water to see if that helps and rule out
one thing.

Karen