Old January 29th 05, 03:16 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , The Eagle at
wrote on 1/28/05 2:06 PM:

My male, neutered cat is only 8-months-old. Up until Wednesday he was very
playful and ran about the house. Yesterday morning he quit eating and
drinking and did nothing but sleep. I woke up this morning and he still had
not eaten. He usually spreads his limbs out when he sleeps. Instead of
that he started rolling up into a little ball and buried his head down
covered by his paws. I took him to the vet, and x-rays revealed he has an
enlarged spleen and enlarged liver. They are now doing bloodwork and I
won't know until tomorrow what will happen with him.

Aside from the lethargy, the only other symptoms were loss of appetite, a
low heart rate, and abdominal distress. I got the cat after the first
hurricane came through Orlando. I got him from the SPCA and they said he
was abandoned after the hurricane. Up until Thursday morning it appeared
perfectly healthy. Now 36 hours later we don't know if he will even live.
I never thought I would get depressed by a cat possibly dying, but I guess I
was wrong.

ges

I will have the cats send healing purrs and good thoughts that htis is
something treatable. Maybe an infection. please keep us posted and hang in
there. Sometimes they can turn around. You just never know.