Old October 31st 08, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Eddy[_2_]

Default how encourage cats onto cat-bed ?

dgk wrote:
Tough one. Two of my cats sleep on the bed and one prefers the cable
box (it gets hot). Start with some catnip on it so that they pay
attention to it at all. They'll notice that it's warm and hopefully
remember that as it gets colder at night.

One of that cats that sleeps on my bed is 17 lbs and he always manages
to stretch out to fill as much of the bed as he can. I knew I should
have gone for the King and not the Queen. Between me, the Significant
Other, and those two cats, space is at a premium. We're all soft and
mushy so it works out.

Thanks DGK. Yes, a bit of catnip spray is a very good idea, although
one of the two cats seems to have taken to the new blanket in the past
two days, probably owing to the snowfall we've had here (in the UK) and
the freezing conditions. However, the other one bounds up the stairs
each night as usual, sits on the loo watching us clean our teeth, and
then leaps over onto the bed, eager to bed down with us for the night.
Terribly sweet. But as you know having to remember where the cat is
position all night so that you don't crush him etc., does not make for a
good night's sleep. Also, he insists on coming under the duvet and
resting his head on the pillow (just like a human - terribly sweet), but
after half an hour he gets too hot and moves out to cool off for 30
minutes before returning. This goes on all night (terribly sweet?) and
IS disturbing. It doesn't make for sweet-tempered humans in the
morning! AND we changed our King for a "Super-King" (UK equivalent of
the US King, I think). The cat must have thought, "What waste of time
and money! I don't want the extra space. The point is I wanna cuddle
right beside YOU regardless of the size of bed!" :-)

But at least with the downstairs blanket we are now, one cat down!

Eddy.