Old January 15th 05, 02:17 AM
O J

M L Briggs wrote:

O J wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Most of the really high-capacity cables run in underground conduits
and are spliced together in manholes. Would anyone like to hear the
story of the giant alligators that live underground beneath our
cities?

Would love to hear your (fairy) tales.

So you don't believe there are scary things that haunt the underground
passages of our cities, eh? We'll see how you feel after I tell you
my little tale.

My partner and I were working in South-Central LA when the movie
"Alligator" had just been released and was blanketing the TV with ads.
I was down in a manhole, but out of sight in a corner checking to make
sure the ductwork matched the blueprint for the job. I overheard my
partner up above talking to some children and telling them a fairy
story about alligators that lived under the street.

The children pooh-poohed his tale as a lot of nonsense, so he dared
them to call down the manhole with the 'special alligator call' which
he proceeded to demonstrate for them. I heard children's voices
calling out with little oook-oook sounds and took a deep breath in
preparation. I let out my best alligator roar which was magnified by
the echo of the little concrete room!!

The next sound I heard was the screams of children followed by the
laughter of my partner. He told me that those kids didn't stop
running for two blocks!

So you see, there really are scary things to be found under the city
streets. Bwah-hah-hah-hah!!

Regards and Purrs,
O J