Old November 9th 04, 07:28 AM
calaf

It just makes you wonder what else they're capable of. And how much
they're able to figure out about us!

calaf wrote:

I'm sitting at this computer the other night and I hear a sound of
flowing water coming from my nearby bathroom. I turn my head and I see
the cat I adopted about 8 months ago squatted on the toilet seat, peeing
down into the bowl. He apparently has perfect aim, too. Not a drop on
the seat.

I adopted him back in January. He was a neighborhood cat who had lived
outside, and was eating from plastic bowls of dry cat food an older lady
was putting out at her front door. He is probably around 8 years old,
judging by the wear of his teeth and the dark spots on his lips.

Could a cat learn to use the toilet without having been taught first by
another human? Or is it something he's doing by instinct?

Very bizarre.