Old June 29th 13, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Seeking advice re lung cancer

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:18:34 -0400, buglady
wrote:

On 6/27/2013 8:39 AM, dgk wrote:

............Well, you never know how any disease or cat may react.
It could be a whole new ballgame. But you do know now they're not
quite telling the truth when they say 2 years and decent quality of
life. One has to ask oneself who the cat is being kept alive for,
yourself or him/her.

My cat was over 15 also.

I don't think they were lying; I think they probably did have cats
that do very well on chemo. I know that cats are supposed to tolerate
chemo much better than people do. It just didn't work out in my case.

That's what makes it so hard; we can't talk to our cats and explain
what's going on. All we can do is what we think is best.

That's why I love them so much. They have loads more character than any
human being I have ever known. With their limited intelligence and frail
bodies they choose a path of action, and then give it their all, and remain
in control until the bitter end. It is easy for me to understand why the
Egyptians considered them to be Gods.....