Old November 22nd 04, 03:10 AM
Yowie

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

My pet peeve, though, are the people who, dripping with
self-righteousness,
have to comment on the shopping cart contents of anyone who's a little
fatter than skeletal. "You don't really *need* that, do you dear?"

they'll
say, pointing to any high-calorie item. Seriously, there ARE people who
are that rude!

I am not slim. I am overweight. I am fat. The other week was the cycling
club
annual dinner & award ceremony, which I had to be at as I'm racing
secretary
and had organised the trophies, engravings, medals and the production of
the
programme for the event (my printer had been working overtime, as had

I).

Whilst at the dinner, in the middle of the main course, a person told me
about
how, if I wanted to stay slim & healthy like him, I should not eat a

meal
such
as the one on the plate...

Since this sounds like it is something that will happen again, you need to
come up with a truly scathing but ladylike sounding comeback for such
insufferable boors.

My own mother wouldn't dare to criticize me for the food on my plate while

was eating and I suspect it would get ugly if a stranger tried it.

My standard answer is "Yup, I'm fat, but I'd prefer to be fat than rude."

Yowie