Old November 21st 03, 03:15 AM
Karen

in article , Larry Osborne at
wrote on 11/20/03 8:49 PM:

Anybody have any cats with cardiomyopathy and how does one cope? Management
of the disease, etc.

I got a call the other day from Peepers Vet. Gabrielle Herman (the usual
vet) had gone over the examination at his annual examination this year and
noticed that a heart murmur that has been present in the past was getting
louder ( 2 to 3 on a scale of 6). She wants him in in four months to do an
ultrasound to see what needs to be done, if anything, as she suspects a
cardiomyopathy. Just her saying that, sent me into a day of grieving for a
seeming healthy playful cat, well except that he doesn't seem to be able to
pass up an annual excursion to the vet emergency for a hairball blockage or
something similar.

Anyway I need to know how to cope at the various degrees that may be
necessary, so I would appreciate some comment. Also some further
information about exactly what ranges of problems this can cause. The only
thing I've done so far is to check a vet site for some very general
information (not to helpful) about what this is.

Larry Osborne

Larry!! I've no advice but wanted to know that we're purring for Peepers.

Karen