Old May 20th 05, 08:32 PM

Rudy Canoza wrote:
dh@. wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2005 14:35:37 GMT, Rudy Canoza

wrote:

gay merrington wrote:

Animals,most if not all,DO experience emotion but certainly not

in
a way we
as humans understand.

Primitive emotions: fear, aggression, anger. They do
NOT experience disappointment, dashed hope, envy,
Schadenfreude, exultance, pride.

What do you think prevents them from experiencing
simple things like that?

I suspect the same thing that keeps them from doing differential
calculus or studying philosophy, ****wit: the lack of human

capacity.

So any human can do those things? I know some people who can't even
take simple derivatives, is that due to lack of human capacity?

As yet we have no reason
to believe they can't experience pride just as well as anger,
or envy, or fear.

Yes, we have ample reason to believe they can't experience pride,
****wit - they give no evidence of it. I think you also can't
experience it, ****wit, because you have nothing in your life of

which
to be proud.

Perhaps you have never experienced pride if you cannot recognize it in
others.

A mother is proud of her offspring, proud of her abilitiy to care for
them. A young hunter is proud of its first kill. A male is proud of
his sexual prowess. A lion is proud of its pride (duh).
A pet is proud when it pleases its master. Some pets are proud to have
escaped their masters.

I'm proud of you for recogninzing that "pride" refers to an emotional
behavior observed in animals.