Old August 24th 05, 06:11 PM

On 21 Aug 2005 16:18:42 -0700, "EADGBE" wrote:

As you all may know by now, I have given up actively looking for my
beloved lost cat Albert.

I am putting out a buffet of different cat foods every night, however.
If Albert is out there, I am hoping that there might be a SLIM chance
that he will start to make our house a regular stop in his nightly
travels.

My question is this: If Albert IS still out there, and there IS still a
chance that he will visit my house, what is the LONGEST period of time
I should wait? How many days/weeks? (Albert has been missing since July
16.)

I have read some of the cat stories on this website, but I would like
to hear more.

How long has it taken YOUR cat (or the cat of someone you know) to
return home again?

I am especially interested in hearing about cats returning after LONG
absences, since Albert has been gone a long time already.

THANKS FOR ANY INFO/STORIES YOU ALL CAN SHARE.

Not looking...but hoping...still hoping...

I have been following your posts, and I am so sorry about Albert being
MIA.

I will share my story if it will help.

My very first cat, Karma, was when I was a teenager living at home.
He was indoor/outdoor, and not neutered. Needless to say, I have
since learned a *great* more about cats and would never make that
mistake again.

One spring, Karma disappeared. By this time I was away at college,
and he had truly become my mother's cat. She tried everything to find
him, but with no success.

I believe it was something like four or five months later, she began
to see a white cat in the alley behind our house, hanging out, but
keeping his distance. She couldn't tell if it was Karma or not, but
thought so.

She started putting food out, just outside the gate. Slowly, over
time, she began to move the food closer and closer to the house,
leaving gates and doors open so he could get to it. Eventually, he
was eating in the house and was re-socialized. I looked him over very
carefully, and it had to be Karma, as he had an oil stain on his tail
from sleeping in the garage that we could never get off. It took a
lot of work, but he did return after months missing. We'll never know
what happened in the meanwhile.

I hope that helps. I can't guarnatee you will have the same happy
ending with Albert, but it just goes to show that you never know.

Best of luck to you,

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/