Old July 24th 05, 02:23 AM
Duke of URL

CatNipped wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

For quite some time now my server has not been collecting all posts
on rpca, although it was kind enough to tell me so.
It would say at the bottom of the screen "xxx posts unread, xxxx not
downloaded." The undownloaded posts increased and increased in
number. I
fiddled around with the settings to no avail. The instruction
"download all messages" didn't seem to mean a thing to this
reluctant server.
I began to wonder what it might be about these posts that I wasn't
allowed to see. Was my server operating its own form of censorship
I asked myself? ;-)
Until this morning, that is. I signed in this morning and was
merrily reading away when suddenly my screen gave a sort of twitch,
like an up and down movement.
Yep, suddenly and for no apparent reason my server has seen fit to
let me have a look at over a thousand posts it was previously
keeping to itself!! Some of them have already expired from the
server, dating back to when I was in hospital in May so I guess I'll
not know what *they* said.
So many things have happened to you all that I didn't know about!
I shan't be able to read them all, but if you get a reply from me to
a post you sent a while ago, this is wh

And you DID call the ISP, right? You called them several times during the
blockage, right? And you called them when the massive message dump occurred,
right?

OE only lets you download 1,000 posts at a time, so if I haven't been
on the group for a week or so I can't get all the posts.

NOT true. That's what the wee button "Get next XXX messages" is for. I have
mine set to 1000, yes, but that's just for my convenience.
--
Once a suicide bomber, always a suicide bomber