Old March 25th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Senator Bill Frist: Dr. Mengele to Cats

Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

In article , Divamanque
wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

He was a friggin medical student. The article you yourself cite indicated
it wasn't illegal. And I'm pretty sure the man knew how to anesthetize a
cat.

And feline anatomy is so close to human! What possible
reason would there be for a medical student planning to be
human doctor to dissect cats?

I condemn Frist's actions. Nevertheless, the nervous system of cats is
anatomically closest to that of humans. As an aspiring cardiac
surgeon, pigs would have been a better choice.

I knew the emotional centers of a cat's brain were nearly
identical to those of humans - I hadn't stopped to think
that probably meant its nervous system was, too. Of course,
humans don't really like to think we are that closely
related to pigs (although cannibals refer to human meant as
"long pig") but I've read several places that we really are.