Old March 25th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Senator Bill Frist: Dr. Mengele to Cats

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

I knew the emotional centers of a cat's brain were nearly identical to
those of humans - I hadn't stopped to think that probably meant its
nervous system was, too. Of course, humans don't really like to think
we are that closely related to pigs (although cannibals refer to human
meant as "long pig") but I've read several places that we really are.

Before genetic engineering developed far enough, type I diabetics got
pig's insulin. I lived on pig's insulin about 20 years. Now we use
synthetic insulin that is identical to human insulin.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi