Old November 11th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend & Simon

"NettieCat" wrote in message
On Nov 11, 5:22 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Simon is an ex-counsellor & befriender I had, provided by my workplace. I
was bullied by a manager when my performance fell when my mother was found
dead, but apparently it's OK to do that as long as they were seen to do
the
correct thing by providing a counsellor after bullying me into clinical
depression.

Anyway, I'm fine now, thanks to Simon and he visits me occasionally. Simon
is the only person that Boyfie does not flee from.
So yesterday, when the doorbell sounded Boyfie did not move from his chair
where he was snoozing. Normally if anyone knocks on the door or rings the
bell he is off to the back door to escape.
I knew it was Simon, but I can't see how he did.
We talked for ages with Boyfie asleep but twitching his ears. Just before
Simon went home Boyfie got up, went over to Simon and invited an ear
scritch
which he got.
The only person in the world who he ever allowed to touch him except
myself.
Tweed

He sounds nice, cats can usually suss people out pretty well.
---------

What I want to know is why Boyfie did not head for the hills when the
doorbell rang - he always does.
But no.
Unless he has the power to sniff through walls and know it was Simon (who
was thrilled that Boyfie allowed him a scritch after 6 or 7 years)
Tweed