Old July 20th 03, 03:33 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Kirilaw at
PAM wrote on 7/20/03 8:58 AM:

I have one cat, a brown tabby named Spenser, who's a year and four
months old. I adoped him at the Humane Society last summer. He's a
very sweet, rather timid cat, and also the noisiest cat I have ever
met. He just seems to like the sound of his own voice!

I'm concerned that he seems to need more attention than I (or any one
person) am capable of giving him -- I play with him when I get home
from work, but he's still raring to go at bedtime. I have to shut him
out of my bedroom just to get some sleep.

I've been thinking about getting a buddy for him, so that he would
have someone to play with when I can't be around. I'm hoping it would
reduce the intensity and frequency of the cries for attention. My
worry, though, is that I'd end up with two cats crying at me in the
middle of the night!

I know that it's impossible to guarantee that two cats will get along,
but are there any general rules about what kind of pairings work best?
Male or female? Kitten or older cat? Any hints, tips or suggestions
would be appreciated. Thanks!

Beth

I think a buddy is a great idea! Let us know when you get one!

Karen