Old June 26th 16, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey's poor prognosiis

Spicey stopped eating Thursday evening, and got bloodwork at the vet
yesterday, which were concerning enough that she was admitted for an
overnight stay at the emergency vet today.

Spicey managed to be a little bit of her spunky self, fighting with the
techs. But an ultrasound has found that she has multiple tumors in her
pancreas, and possibly her adrenal glands, small intestine, and elsewhere,
and her kidneys, thyroid, and potassium are also out of whack, they say.

There's not much that can be done about the underlying issues, so she'll
just be getting palliative care over the weekend. After that, I'll probably
bring her home and discuss options with her regular vet.

I've known in my mind that I might not be allowed to have Suz's cat for
very long, but in my heart, I wanted her to be part of our new family
forever.