Old March 29th 13, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Cat peeing outside box

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:04:45 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

IBen Getiner wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:16 am, cat182 wrote:
I have a 14 year old male cat that pees outside the litter box every
few days. I have three boxes and I keep them cleaned often. I think
he's having neurological issues, but perhaps it's something else.
I plan on taking him to the Vet in a few days.
I thought I'd get some feedback from others here first before the
visit. This way I can enter the Vet office armed with proper
questions.

What have others experienced in this situation?

--
cat182

Have you tried moving the box slightly....?

I have all outside cats. But they are getting old, and they stay inside most
of the time, and never leave the property even when they do go outside. they
like to use the cqat box. I moved the ct box gradually outside, so the cats
would have to go through the cat door to the back porch in order to use it.
This geatly improved the smell inside the house, as well as making the
occasional "miss" much less important.

That's funny and a good idea, but won't work in my area. I can't let
them roam outside, even in my fenced-in yard, without me being around
to keep an eye on things. Too bad because when Nipsy poops it does
tend to stink up the room for a bit.