Old July 14th 03, 02:00 AM

Karen Chuplis wrote:

The costs are out of bounds. Also for the blockage. My cat had a blockage
and after three days of treatment it was more like 400 dollars (and that was
an emergency vet, not my regular) not 1200. The OP's vet is exhorbitant.

Seriously. My vet rarely ever gets that high on a bill and usually it is a
bad car crash with lots of surgery required (the dog I'm remembering had
two broken legs, one had to be amputated, and a broken hip, and it reached
900, with some severe discounts because the vet realized the people were
not well off) or one time an autoimmune attack on a dog that was
particularly vicious (it was the oddest one the vet had ever seen). And
those are *RARE*. Even for most surgeries including ones getting rid of
cancers it tends to be more like 600 dollars or even 400 dollars (usually
most surgeries are more like 400).

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.