Old July 22nd 09, 10:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

Default Long-term Consequences of Starvation

On Jul 21, 1:54 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote

to love and help her. For now, I will be visiting her often to check
up on her and get to know her better.

FirstHit

Please reconsider. Leaving her in the shelter for "someone else" to adopt
may be her death sentence.

Do you really think someone this coldhearted could ever provide a good home
for a cat? I sure don't. Let's just hope someone better than this asshole
finds her and adopts her.

Cybercat, I was stunned by your attacks on me and my character. Your
hostility was uncalled for.

If I were the coldhearted A-hole you say I am, I would have passed the
poor kitty up and never given her a second thought, and I certainly
wouldn't have posted about her here.

I am working on the situation day to day, and right now the only thing
I can do is visit her and talk to others about her. As I said before,
my partner is out of town/state, and the shelter's policy is that all
household members have to come to the shelter to interact with the cat
before the adoption can take place. I'm not allowed to take the cat
home now! I also mentioned my elderly dad's health issue. He lives
out of state, and his recent breathing issues and health decline lead
me to believe I might need to take a trip there soon. If I leave town
for a week or more after I bring her home, that's not going to be good
for the cat, and I don't want to subject her to that. I personally
don't feel I should have to elaborate on these personal matters to
you. I hope this clears up why I can't have kitty right now and may
never be able to have her.

FirstHit