Old February 28th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catlover Medway via CatKB.com

Default Cat off the leather sofa

Hi, there is a product called sticky paws but I agreed with Cybercat that
scratching is a natural behaviour and posts that will take a cat's full
weight, and height at full stretch need to be provided. And if puss can have
an activity centre that offers height and hiding places that would be great.

wrote:
I am about to buy a new leather sofa and I don't want my cat to ruin
it by scratching it to pieces. I know that they sell some sprays for
this purpose. The problem is that I live in a studio apartment.
I do not want something that is so strong that my cat will be
uncomfortable in the apartment. I just want to keep him off a
particular piece of furniture. Can anyone recommend a product that is
effective, but not overly strong. Thank you