Old March 9th 04, 04:45 PM
Karen

How sad. Many purrs to the family and furfamily.

Karen

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple

purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a

call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night
during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine

what
I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
upon renovation. I had occasion to ride as passenger with her dad, my
friend, about 2 months ago, and at the time bitched at him to fasten his
belt; he speeds and we were stopped by a local cop, scolded, but no ticket
given as he mentioned we had our seatbelts on (!). What irony.This is my
same friend who has the 3 Himmies in her *no pets* condo; she and DH have
now adopted his daughter's half-grown kitten; the Himmies are having cows
over the kid's
intrusion, but at least one of them is playing with it already.
Thank you for your recovery and comfort purrs for my friends; I met

Claudia
(his girl) once.
--
If there's no cats in heaven, I don't wanna go!