Old August 7th 05, 06:46 PM
Candace

Hailey wrote:

Hey Candace
I was curious why you say not to give them away for free?

What Diane said is exactly the reason. You want people who care enough
to spend a little money, not someone who just takes a cat on the spur
of the moment and gets tired of it a couple days later and dumps it
somewhere. Plus I have heard sometimes that free animals often go to
labs, etc. Obviously, if you are giving a cat to your best friend or a
relative, that's a different story since you would presumably know that
they really wanted a cat, but a total stranger is a different story.
You want someone who *really* wants a cat. Advertising them for a
price is going to weed out a lot of the riffraff.

Candace