Old February 20th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default free kittens

wrote:
I am trying to find a kitten to give a good (indoor) home to. I
recently had to return a kitten I had in my care and would like to give
a good home to a kitten. I cannot afford to pay for one. But will give
a good home to a kitten someone wants to give away.

If you can't afford to pay an adoption fee then you obviously can't pay
for basic pet care, food, litter, etc. Cats are not cheap.

Bringing an animal into your home that you cannot afford to care for is
very irresponsible. While you may be a very nice person and have the
capacity to give a pet a lot of love, love is not enough.

What you could do is volunteer as a foster home for a rescue group.
They pay for food and vet care, you will benefit from the company of
cats, and over time you will give many cats a chance to be loved and
safe until they get a new home. Everyone wins.