Old July 14th 05, 03:36 AM

Default Cat Pee Problems !!!HELP ME!!!

My cat is bonkers!!! All my husband and I have ever done was try to
love him and give him tons of attention. I don't work, so I am at
home and play with him all day. His litter box is always clean... he
always has fresh food and water... and we give him kitty snacks all the
time. He is so spoiled! We treat him better than we treat people!

When we got him as a kitten he was very scared of people... and
anything that moved or made noise. We had to keep him in master
bathroom... and then gradually move him into our bedroom... and then
into the living room... and so on. We did this to make him feel more
comfortable with his new surroundings. This process took much longer
than it does for most cats. He spent a week and a half in the bathroom
before he felt comfortable enough to go into our bedroom! He is
horrified of being picked up and doesn't like being touched much.
The only kind of human interaction he really loves is getting played
with. When we reach out to pet his back he squats down as low as he
can to avoid touching us and runs away.

As he got older he began to pee on our papa-san, which is round
couch/chair that we hang out on in the office. At first we thought he
might be confused since his litter box is round... not the case. We
eventually got so fed up of lifting that heavy cushion and cleaning it
every few days that we took it out of the office (where his litter box
is located). At this point he was in kitty "time-out". We locked
him in the guest bathroom for a day with his litter box and food/h20...
hoping he would get the point not to pee. Unfortunately, he didn't
take his punishment too well. Instead of peeing on the papa-san... he
went pee on the foot of our bed... while we were sleeping in it!!!

Once again... he went to kitty "time out". Our mattress in
brand-new and costs a ton of money... it's a tempurpedic bed and
doesn't allow for easy cleaning either. My husband lost it when the
cat went pee on the bed. He wanted to give it away because he was so
sick of cleaning cat pee all the time. I suggested that we try and
work things out with him by getting another cat to occupy him time
with. We did so, and he seemed to be enjoying the new friend. Since
getting him a friend, we got him neutered, at 5 months of age.

Things were going great... until recently. We have been catching him
going pee in the sinks (which was happening before the new cat)... and
two days ago he went poop in the corner of the bathroom. Once again...
he was sent to kitty "time out" overnight. He was well behaved
yesterday when he got out of "time out"... but my husband and I
thought it would be a good idea if he slept outside of our room last
night... in fear of what he might do when we are sleeping. Sure enough
this morning when I let him in the room... he went pee on the foot of
the bed. To be honest, I've had just about enough of the games this
cat is playing with us. My husband wants him gone. I just don't
want to let him go without knowing that this problem is irreversible.
PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. This morning when I caught him peeing on the bed I picked him up
and took him to "time out" ... AGAIN... when doing so I didn't
realize that he was still peeing!!! The pee went all over my feet,
legs, and body... more importantly... my nice couches... and all over
about twenty feet of carpet!!! ... Not to mention all over the guest
bathroom! What should I do to clean this mess? I cleaned the bathroom
with pine-sol and Nature's Miracle. I sprayed Nature's Miracle all
over the couches and on the floors. However, the other cat can still
smell the pee. She gets that weird face cats make when they smell pee
and stuff. What can I do to help this??? I'm at this cat's
mercy!!! PLEASE HELP!!!