Old February 24th 05, 02:00 PM
Katz

Default I have been to my clinic...

CATherine wrote:
Since I usually only eat one meal a day, I
wasn't eating as much of the bad stuff as i thought. A lot for one
meal, though. Of course, she would rather I spread the consumption

out
into more, smaller meals.

Definitely! Going hungry al day makes you eat more when you finally
eat. And screws w/your blood sugar. Maybe that's partly why you felt
faint.

! I was dehydrated from fasting and they made me go drink a
ton of water and then they poked me again.

Wow! Had they told you not to drink water, either? Doesn't mae sense,
if it ends up dehydrating you.

Since I don't have insurance, she sold me the meds from the clinic at
cost. They do that only for those patients without insurance. $20 for
the two bottles for two months. A good savings. But she would like me
to get company insurance as now I am in the age and health bracket
where I am going to need it. I am thinking about it. But it is
expensive. That is like $80 a month for the premium and then the
co-pays for the doctor and meds, etc. A lot of money in the long run.
But I have time to think about it as i can't enrol until November.

$20 for 2 bottles for 2 months is an UNBELIEVABLE savings! I suspect
you have no idea of the cost of drugs. (Or are you not in the U.S.?)
With my company insurance, I pay $30 for 1 drug for 3 months for
generic, & $50 for 1 drug for 3 months for in-formulary (approved)
brand name drugs. And that's mail order. At a pharmacy it would cost
more.

I would encourage you to DEFINITELY get company insurance. Again, you
have no idea. Ours just went up, as it does every year, & I think mine
is $80/month also, on a plan w/100% coverage. Why in the world do you
have to wait til Nov. to sign up? How long a wait period does your
company have? I never heard of more than a 3-month wait. I think no
wait is more common. Mine is no wait.

I have health problems too. I eat poorly, don't exercise. I take
statins for high cholesterol. I have high glycerides too. My BP,
oddly, is good, even though my mom & brother both have high BP. And now
I take 1 "child's aspirin" a day for my C-reactive protein, an
indicator of heart disease.

Insurance, prescriptions, etc. are something I know a little about,
unfortunately. LOL.

Katz