Old February 25th 05, 02:23 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about COBRA (WAS: I have been to my clinic...):

LOL I'm sorry, but that strikes me as funny. COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus
Budget Reconciliation Act) - I wrote the friggin book on it for The
Prudential when it went into law in the 1980's. Try paying those premiums -
you'll see exactly what your employer was paying for your health benefits.
Used to irk me no end when people would gripe they had to kick in $100 a
month for family health insurance. Take a look at the *real* premiums
sometime. As it is I'm paying $124/month for individual stand-alone
coverage and probably lucky to have it.

You'd have probably gone into screaming rages here in Californa about
a year and a half ago. The grocery workers went on strike because the
poor babies were being asked to kick in up to $40/month for their very
generous medical coverage. Infuriated me, when I was making less than
they did (on a job that required a good deal more training and
know-how) and was being asked to pay higher grocery prices so I could
pay for their health insurance when I couldn't afford it for myself
and DH (believe me, I'd have had MUCH higher premiums than they were
being asked to pay). Heaven forbid the poor special widdle babies
should have to kick in even a cent for what they were getting like 95%
of their customers had to.