Old July 7th 03, 04:39 AM
Nicole

Yes, I'm aware that it is illegal in several countries....as a matter of
fact, I bet I could name you several of the countries (such as those on
Great britian, Spain, portgual, brazil, Italy for sure, england, australia).
You know, I bet there are other people on here who aren't against declawing,
but I think I'm probably one of the only ones with the balls enough to say
"yeah, I've weighed the alternatives and have decided to declaw". When I
got Hailey I wasn't doing a jig to the thought of declawing her. I didn't
look at her and smile at the thought of taking off the nails. But I feel
confident in the trained PROFESSIONAL vets., I feel confident enough in
research and the experience of others that I'm doing the right thing.
With that said, I am basically saying, if you don't want to answer my
questions or hear about my kitty, then don't read my posts. Instead of
writing posts intended only to show your "passion" about declawation and to
stir up trouble, perhaps you could channel that energy into something less
upsetting like, grooming your cat or responding to someone else's post who
is anti-declawing.

Thanks to those who responded and gave me their advice!

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
In article nk.net,
"Nicole" wrote:

In response - Yes, I've looked at the alternatives. Soft Paws (they

even
come in cute colors!!), training, sprays, the other procedure that

starts
with a T that I can't spell (tendenoniton or something), laser surgery,

nail
clipping, living with it.....so I asked a breeder in the area, because I
didn't want to do something that would hurt her....she told me this...
"if Hailey is an inside cat, she doesn't need to protect herself (she's

an
only child). If declawing was so inhumane, no vet would declaw any

animal."

It's illegal in many countries. Animal cruelty.

It took a lot of convincing, and my vet even let me watch a

procedure...so
we're going to go through with it. I realize that it's a VERY

controversial
topic, but I appreciate your advice! I'll keep ya posted!
Momma-Kittenhead

Oh, please don't. I don't want to hear about how you're mutilating your
poor kitten. Don't you understand that you're cutting off its toes?
That it's likely it'll have trouble balancing? It'll be in pain,
possibly for the rest of its life?

How anyone could do that to a creature they claim to love is beyond me,
but then human parents main and mutilate their children. We have laws
to take their children away from them. I'm just sorry no-one can take
that poor kitten away from you before you do this to it.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.