Old July 7th 03, 05:42 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article k.net, Nicole
at wrote on 7/6/03 10:39 PM:

Yes, I'm aware that it is illegal in several countries....as a matter of
fact, I bet I could name you several of the countries (such as those on
Great britian, Spain, portgual, brazil, Italy for sure, england, australia).
You know, I bet there are other people on here who aren't against declawing,
but I think I'm probably one of the only ones with the balls enough to say
"yeah, I've weighed the alternatives and have decided to declaw". When I
got Hailey I wasn't doing a jig to the thought of declawing her. I didn't
look at her and smile at the thought of taking off the nails.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You claim to have thought this through but that statement shows your
ignorance or denial. It is AMPUTATING the toe to the FIRST JOINT. Not
"taking off the nails."

But I feel
confident in the trained PROFESSIONAL vets., I feel confident enough in
research and the experience of others that I'm doing the right thing.
With that said, I am basically saying, if you don't want to answer my
questions or hear about my kitty, then don't read my posts. Instead of
writing posts intended only to show your "passion" about declawation and to
stir up trouble, perhaps you could channel that energy into something less
upsetting like, grooming your cat or responding to someone else's post who
is anti-declawing.

If you ask for advice in a cat group, this is going to come up.

Karen