Old February 5th 04, 01:36 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"MGW" wrote in message
Every once in awhile, I'll go upstairs and find the bathroom door
closed. Over time, it's become clear that Smarty purposely shuts the
door behind her, then goes up to chill out on her shelf. We actually
had to get a doorstop so that we could make sure that she didn't lock
herself in the bathroom while we're away or overnight! Does anyone
else's cat do anything like this?

My cat Otto likes to close my bedroom door (while I'm inside, in bed). I
think he does it to keep Tiger out. He only discovered this new trick a
couple of months ago. He knows what he's supposed to do to get out, but
hasn't been able to actually turn the doorknob yet. He'll just sit on the
dresser and rattle it with his paw until I get up and let him out. And poor
Tiger is always sitting right outside, looking lost.

Liz