Old April 3rd 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese
do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum #50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him
to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I
don't want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Oh, poor Enid. And poor Shylock. He's had her less than a year hasn't he?
Hope she is back safe and sound ASAP.

Jo