Old September 29th 04, 12:36 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:53:54 -0600, Karen wrote:

That's not to say that I never had any critters chew up cords. Before
the cats my cockatiels used to be out of their cage whenever I was
home. Sunny was pretty much a permanent fixture on my shoulder, so she
never bothered the cords. But Tiger was never comfortable on my
shoulder, and used to roam around the desk when I was using the
computer. I didn't realize he was chewing on the cords until the
speakers quit. When I checked I found the speaker wires very well
chewed, as well as beak marks on the zip drive cord.

you had a cockatiel named Tiger? You were definitely spoiling to be a Paw
Paw

Yep, I have a Tiger cockatiel. My pet names usually reflect their
appearance. I got Sunny free from a pet store when her first people
returned her with a broken wing. The wing healed crooked, and she has
no lift when she flies. If she takes off from a high spot she can
circle the room a couple times, getting lower each cycle. I had her
three or four years before I thought it would be nice if she had a
companion, so I bought Ti. Sunny didn't appreciate the new arrival.

When I brought Ti home she tried to challenge for the top of the
pecking order, and her displays reminded me of a snarling tiger. Ti
was all bluff, though. Whenever the displays got on Sunny's nerves
Sunny would chase her. The main difference was that Ti was all bluff
like a kid on a playground. Sunny skipped the posturing and charged in
like she was going to tear Ti to bits. As soon as Sunny charged Ti
stopped the posturing and took off for the hills. They never really
fought, since Ti always gave up and could always get away.

I still have the birds, Sunny is probably around 15 and Ti around 12.
By the time the cats came along the pecking order was well enough
established that the birds could stay in the same cage. They're still
are exactly friends, though.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]