Old January 20th 17, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default The Water Incident - And More

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:12:09 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

The funny thing is, she still plays with it because what she really
likes is the rattle. She bunny-kicks it and rolls around. It's fun to
watch.

Yes, I also think its cute when they're bunny-kicking something. Except when
it's some part of my body they're doing it to!

The catnip mouse on a kitty fishing pole I got for Minnie and I to play with
didn't last long either. In less than a week the braided string began to unravel
and eventually broke off the stick. I tied it back on and we got one more play
session out of it that way before it came off again and she took off with the
mouse in her mouth, and the other end of the string got caught on the leg of the
kitchen table and ripped right out of the mouse. So after six days, she had a
loose catnip mouse she played with it by itself for two or three more days, and
she kept bringing it to me to play with her, but you can only get her to chase
things you toss across the room so many times and then she gets bored with that.

So now she doesn't play with it much anymore...instead she's all about getting
me to play with her using one of those rawhide shoelaces she found, and she
seems to have a one-track mind about it for the past two days. Maybe it's the
bonding experience with her human that she's interested in. The catnip never
really seemed to have any effect on her anyway. The "together time" sure did.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY