Old April 16th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ketzl's Dad

Default Cats Are Very Shy Toileters

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:53:22 -0400, Mark T.B. Carroll wrote:

Huh, that's interesting. We've never had any trouble with our cats - at
least they seem healthy and happy and the vet doesn't have any
complaints - and we normally have indoor cats sharing one unsecluded
litterbox, sometimes in a corner. We've had some cats that didn't like
the litterboxes that were like covered little houses with a door, they
just wanted the 'bottom half' with an open top. We do try to make sure
they always have water available, though. I suppose one's mileage
varies.

-- Mark

Same here; just the one cat, but Ketzl doesn't care who watches him, and he
very often accompanies *me* to the john. I'll admit *I* was a little P** shy
at first with *him* in there, but he trained me to get used to it.

He doesn't like the covered litter box either, and I'm sorry I sprang for it
when I could have just gotten the pan type.

As for water, he's got the fountain going in the kitchen and two glasses of
water elsewhere (which I refresh twice a day) so he's okay there.

He does have a hairball that won't dislodge, though, so I've had to smear his
paw with gel for the last few days and I'm hoping he passes it. He won't take
the gel off my finger, but he seems to like it when he's licking it off his
paw. (Too bad he doesn't like licking it off his Pa, 'cause that would avoid
his having to be smeared with it. :-)

Still, he's a good guy. All around. When he crawls up between my arm and my
chest in bed and rests his little chin on my bare shoulder and drops off to
sleep, nose whistling ever so slightly, I know god is in its heaven and even
though very little is right with the world these days, it's okay.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh