Old July 31st 03, 07:12 AM
Moosh:]

On 30 Jul 2003 22:21:24 -0700, (Joan) posted:

Dear Moosh,

Please be prepared to get some very tough opinions. If you noticed,
someone already told you to "sell" your pc. Also, "why didn't you
save"? etc.

I had posted a sick cat posting expressing my concern of my 13 yr old
cat + my $ situation (I'm disabled & disability is all screwed up so
no $'s yet). I got blasted. Thank goodness I was strong enuf to not
let them get the best of me. (The cat is fine).

Do the best you can. 17 yrs is a good age. If you have to let the
cat go because of $'s, please be prepared to accept that there wasn't
anything you could do. People can be cruel & not give a damn for the
owner.

I wish you well.

Thanks for your kind words, Joan. And those of others on this group.
As it turned out, I couldn't have done anything anyway. Puss died
peacefully in her sleep last night (30th here).
She was my late son's cat and was rather special and will be sorely
missed.
Regards to all and thanks for your comments.

"Moosh:]" wrote in message . ..
I have a seventeen year old cat who has been fine until the last few
days. She has gone off her food, seems weak and feeble, and rather
emaciated (although she has been getting scrawnier for a while now --
we just put it down to old age). She just likes to sleep in the Sun in
the day, and on the lounge at night. She even refuses her favourite
food, raw beaten egg.
She has a black discharge in the corners of her eyes, and when you
pick her up, you can feel the bottom of her rib cage seeming to curl
outwards, so you feel a protruding ridge.
Does this ring any bells for anyone?