Old September 24th 03, 05:41 AM
Karen

in article , Scott in Aztlan at
wrote on 9/23/03 10:28 PM:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:56:27 -0700, "Boots" wrote:

How many of you believe in free feeding a dog and how many of you don't?

Personally I do not believe in free feeding because when I had 2 dogs it was
kind of hard to be sure who finished the food. I also had a cat at the same
time and invariably one of the dogs would finish the cat food.

Put the cat food dish on top of the counter. The cat can jump up to get it;
the
dogs cannot. Worked fine for me for 9 years.

As for the free feeding, I always free-fed my animals, until I adopted a
little
piglet cat who would eat almost continuously as long as food was available. We
had to switch her to diet cat food as well as limit the availability, and
she's
still a chunky little monkey.

Honestly, switching to mostly wet will get the weight off her far more
effectilely.

Karen