Old January 6th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ot le tit snow let it snow at least frost

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
Finally a cold front is coming into Florida low 30 with a WC putting it
down into the 20's YES a break from 80 degrees weather

You're gonna get your wish bigtime like Saturday night,
NMR. But I want to straighten you out on one thing:
unlike apple growers (friend of mine whose family owns
orchard in Wenatchee, WA informed me years ago that
"apples have to freeze to taste good" [whadda I know; I
never been to her state, but that's what she told me] the
orange groves in central FL do NOT welcome freezing
weather for their crop - why do you think they stay up all
night watering the trees and burning smudge pots, or have you ever been
there? Prolonged cold is kiss of death to
orange crops. As for apples, I never saw any in FL and
believe it's probably too hot for them there to grow. But
interesting about freezing making taste good.
Enjoy your cold snap....we sent it to ya from out west.