Old January 18th 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Default Goodbye Kibbie, 5/?/1990 - 1/16/2011

Kibbie is from another group I subscribe to MLB and you can light a candle
for her if you'd like.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Kiri
Kiri was her nickname.
Thanks. Love, Kyla

From: "Kyla =^ ..^="

Subject: OT OT: Goodbye Kibbie, 5/?/1990 - 1/16/2011
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:39 PM

Hi everyone:

Just a note to let you know that SO and I have said goodbye to Kibbie,
our 20-yo kitty, as of yesterday. What a sweet girl, and what a trooper.

It happened suddenly (if anything like this can, with a 20-yo), beginning
Saturday morning. I picked her up for some cuddles Saturday morning, and
she was purring and head-butting and asking for kisses as usual. I put
her down so SO and I could have breakfast, and she wandered off to
"meatloaf kitty" by herself, again usual. After breakfast, she was doing
some plaintive meowing (again, usual behavior for the past year or so),
so I picked her up again for more cuddles -- only this time, she didn't
know who I was. Physically about the same as usual, but mentally just
completely not there at all. She was okay with me holding her for a
little bit, but didn't seem to react to me at all. As the day went on it
was just clear she was "gone" mentally.

She stayed physically strong and wanted to simply wander, to the point
where we couldn't put her in the carrier to calm her because it was too
small and I was afraid she would hurt herself trying to move around. So
SO built her a safe enclosure out of some boxes that was big enough for
her to move as much as she wanted to without hurting herself but would
still keep her safe, and I put some towels and a shirt I'd worn in there,
for comfort. Every so often I'd go pet and talk to her, or try to get her
to drink or eat or use the litterbox, but there was no change. She slept
fitfully and wandered throughout the night.

Yesterday we found a wonderful local vet who came in and met us at his
clinic. He thought she'd probably suffered a small stroke that had mental
but not physical effects, hence the instant change in behavior. She was
still so physically strong (at almost 21 years old!) that he had to
sedate her before he gave her the final shot. And then we said goodbye.

We will miss our sweet, incredibly strong and brave girl. Kiri and
Mollie, our other two kitties, are being extra cuddly today, and we're so
glad we have them.

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...'
It's hard to let you go.
Sincere condolences. MLB