Old August 23rd 03, 05:21 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:24:33 GMT, Annie Benson-Lennaman
wrote:

We moved from San Diego to Jefferson County Missouri about three months
ago, Lenny and I. We drove, renting a truck and towing the car behind.
It was hard, because we were also towing along our four cats, Skitty,
Velly, Abondigas, and Jeeves. Well, Abondigas and Jeeves were really
the next door neighbor's cats. But they never took them to the vets, or
let them inside, and we ended up taking them because they were really
just being ignored.

snipped for length

Congratulations on what sounds like a lovely move ;-) Glad to hear
that you, and the cats are settling in the new place.

Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your cats. As someone mentions
in an earlier post, one of the drawbacks of the country life is the
possibility of predators. I know that we lost a kitten to a hawk back
when I was a kid (we lived in Del Mar at the time, right next door to
San Diego).

Sounds like you are very lucky to have found and rescued Gem. Hope she
lives a long and happy life.

It may take awhile, but eventually you may get your ferals to calm
down a little. One of my cats spent his early years feral, and he's
doing great. It took a LONG time before he decided to trust me, but
now he comes when called, well comes as often as any other cat, when
he wants to ;-)