Old April 11th 04, 06:47 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 07:32:51 +0000, Laura R. wrote:

People who can't even be bothered to scroll through a few days' worth
of subject lines to see if their question has been asked recently
also are unlikely to bother reading FAQs, in my experience.

Saw this post after I saw your response to Rona. I see your point.

Thing is, too, like Mary said, it could potentially give an excuse to
some people to say "Read the @#$%@#! FAQ!", but I also think that's partly
the fault of the group there - in my opinion, a FAQ is not an excuse to
shy on a user for asking such a question, but more a repository of data.

And that, in fact, is more or less what I would want it to be: a
repository containing data based on all of our collective experience. I
mean, there are pretty obvious reasons you bring kitty to the doctor (say,
a fracture or chronic vomiting), but we're also talking stuff that can be
treated at home too, perhaps without veterinary help (fleas and the side
effects (eg, FAD), certain intestinal parasites, minor cuts and scrapes,
hairballs, that sort of thing). I would figure the Pointer FAQ gets
posted periodically, and the site sits somewhere out there - either here
locally on my machine, or on the 'net, and possibly in the archive on MIT.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.