Old May 4th 04, 04:32 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Mike)

He had a stroke a couple years ago and never fully recovered so he
stays indoors. This cat has gained so much weight and now weighs 25
pounds. My grandmother finally took him to the vet and the vet put him
on one of the Hill's dry kitten foods to lose weight because it's low
in carbs and high in protein.

Since when is a dry food low in carbs? Dry food has to have carbs in it in
order for the ingredients to bind. Also, kitten foods are usually higher in
calories to meet the requirements of a growing cat. Have you tried a canned
food on him? I believe Wellness makes a carb free one.
You also need to find out the cat's ideal weight and then feed him accordingly.
Remember, you don't want a cat to lose weight too quickly.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe