Old May 4th 04, 10:51 PM
Steve G

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...
(...)

Since when is a dry food low in carbs? Dry food has to have carbs in it in
order for the ingredients to bind.

I guess in theory you could replace the carbs with an indigestible
filler such as cellulose. Doubt that's the case for the OP's kitten
food though.

Also, kitten foods are usually higher in
calories to meet the requirements of a growing cat.

I'll hop on the bandwagon. The vet's advice sounds a bit odd.

Have you tried a canned
food on him? I believe Wellness makes a carb free one.

I don't believe any Wellness food is *entirely* carb free.

Steve.