Old December 18th 05, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Really close call - OT

Bev wrote:
Heaps of sympathy and purrs. Your desperation sounds akin to mine
when I lost everything a few months ago. But you sound a lot more
knowledgeable than me - all my data was lost by the guy who was
supposed to be fixing the monster.

Bev

Aaargh, that's so frustrating! I'm so sorry you lost all your stuff, I
really feel bad for you.
I've heard of that happening where they guy fixing the problem wipes out
all your files and I was extremely worried that it would happen to me.
It's very difficult trying to explain what you need to someone who
barely speaks any English when I barely speak any Thai! I just kept
saying "must get files, save files, make CD!!!" I kept hovering around
to make sure they didn't try to format it or anything. I could have
actually done it myself after I got the new HD in except for the fact
that my computer is missing a cable to be able to install a second
internal HD.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown