Old April 24th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Oh the Indignity!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia's home! But she was so upset on the ride home she got sick in her
carrier again. We pulled into a gas station and I cleaned up as much of
the vomit as I could with paper towels but she was still a mess. The
fleece liner of the Sherpa bag was just covered in the stuff. And she
kept trying to jump out of the carrier. I was terrified she'd manage to
get out of the car and run off, so I said to heck with it, let's just go.

The minute I got home I took the carrier straight into the bathroom and
shut the door. Turned on the water to let it warm up. Opened the carrier
and plopped her in the tub. You should have seen the expression on her
face! What the heck are you doing putting me in this tub with the water
running? Hmmm, why are you holding that shower nozzle... hey, wait!
You're getting me all wet! Stop that!

I got her rinsed off but she wasn't about to sit still for me rubbing her
down with a towel. She jumped into the litterbox and got (clean) cat
litter all over her wet paws. I picked her up again and got her paws
rinsed off, then opened the bathroom door and away she went.

She's now feverishly attempting to lick herself dry. As she walks around
she stops periodically to shake first this paw then that paw. It looks
like she's doing a strange little dance

Apparently I'm already forgiven. She let me put her new collar on her,
and she's begging for scritches and purring up a storm.

Jill

The important things are that she's home, she's clean, and you're forgiven.

Joy