Old July 10th 03, 11:04 PM
Karen Chuplis

It can be, however they definitely should take an xray to be sure as it
could be something else. Where was she touch sensitive? If it is arthritis,
a neutraceutical should help her out after a few weeks. I find it odd for
arthritis to crop up suddenly however. I guess, I would seek a second
opinion.

Karen

"Harvey Fielder" wrote in message
A few days ago our 14 yr old cat suddenly exhibited signs of suffering
extreme pain (hissing, growling, touch sensitivity, etc.) We took her to

the
vets - they couldn't find anything specific wrong with her. We feel she

may
be suffering from an arthritic condition. Is this common in older cats?

Any
insights gratefully received.

Thanks,

Harvey