Old September 5th 03, 02:53 PM
bewtifulfreak

MaryL wrote:
"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message

Not that I
think insults should be flung around newsgroups in the case of
disagreement anyway, but I'm sadly in the minority on that one.

I hope you're not in the minority. Name-calling simply cuts off
rational dialogue -- and usually reflects badly on the person hurling
the ephithet instead of the intended target.

Well, thankfully, I'm not in the minority on some of these groups; most of
the posts I've come across from cat folks have been really friendly and
polite, even when disagreements occur (with ocassional exceptions, of
course). But I know that's not always the case on Usenet in general, though
I believe you're absolutely spot on in your observations about name-calling.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak