Old October 7th 17, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A big Ooops!

On 10/7/2017 9:08 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 10/6/2017 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

She *really* doesn't like it when I'm typing.Â* Bast forbid I should be
typing *and* talking to my SO on the phone!Â* (He doesn't own a
computer and occasionally asks me to look things up for him.)

Hey, Buffy, I don't complain when you sleep all the time.Â* Why don't
you time your naps for when I'm sitting at the computer?

Oh wait, that would take detract from your cat status as my Owner.

Jill

Duffy always takes over my lap when I try to type.Â* He especially
doesn't like the phone.Â* He will give me about 2 minutes on the phone,
then he starts to howl.Â* Regular callers expect it, and they get a big
laugh out of it.Â* It's clear that Duffy doesn't like to have my
attention diverted elsewhere.Â* He's on my lap right now because I'm
trying to type this message, and it surely makes it awkward to try to
type.Â* Yes, he makes it clear that he is the Owner.

MaryL

Hugs to you and Duffy.

Buffy doesn't mind if I'm on the phone in the den, not even when I'm on
the phone and also have the TV on. It seems she does not like the combo
of typing and being on the phone at the same time.

When I'm on the phone with John and I'm sitting in front of the
computer, Buffy starts meowing and carrying on. He can hear her and we
start laughing. She gets irritated and starts trying to climb up the
sweater hanging from the back of my chair.

I invite her into my lap to quiet her down. Due to her sharp claws I
place a towel in my lap. It was comical when she leaped, landed and
slid onto the floor with the towel. I'm sorry I wasn't ready for her.

It's not as though she's starved for attention. But she sure does get
vocal. Persia was a rather quiet cat, unless she saw another cat. She
didn't talk a lot. Buffy is quite the opposite.

Jill