Old March 20th 12, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
trubble

Default repercussions of the drop kerb

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 02:14:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

well they tried to park on the tiny bit that isn't, next to my left hand
neighbour (they are the right hand ones) and it interferes with her getting
her car out.
Well, she went ape****. Let's just say she told them very firmly not to park
there, and never to even put one millimetre of their car over my drop kerb
because it was illegal, but to park in front of their own house. Always.

That worked really well! And I never had to say a word.

But I will have to, quite soon. About get the end of your wall out of my
garden.
I thought I would wait a month, but I will probably do it sooner. I will
wait until I see her outside and say "can I have a word about the wall?"

She will be expecting I will agree to their 6ft 6 inch wall in front of my
window when I say this but I will be saying "get every inch of your wall out
of my garden within a month or see me in court."

They made a big mistake, trying to block me in to make me agree to their
wall.
No way Jose.
It made me even more determined.

Tweed

In my part of the world, you can't park within 3 FEET (about a meter) of
a driveway apron (drop kerb).

I used to have trouble with my neighbors parking so close (illegally
close) to my driveway that I had a hard time getting out of my driveway.

They parked two FEET past the end of the drop kerb (2 feet INTO my
driveway, so 5 feet too close) during a snowstorm once, and I BURIED
their car in snow. You couldn't even see the car; just a HUGE pile of
snow. I even packed snow under the car.

They called the Police to complain about what I did to their car, and
the cop put a parking ticket on THEIR CAR, because it was illegally
parked. The cop had to dig a hole through the snow to attach it to the
windshield wiper LOL.

I had called the Police at least a dozen times, to complain about the
car, or cars, that made it nearly impossible to get out of my driveway,
and they NEVER came.

I guess they wanted to see the buried car. I did do a VERY thorough job.
Hee hee.