Old November 2nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default Cat in Heat

In oups.com,
Rene S. purred:
Dulce wrote:
My 1 year old indoor female cat is in heat right now. Poor girl! She
makes a lot of noises and is acting vey extrange.
I was wondering if she is in pain or not. Does her body ache? Is
anything I can do for her during "those days"?

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your kind news.

Yes, PLEASE get her spayed. She might escape and get pregnant. Spaying
her will also reduce the risk of many cancers. If money is a concern,
contact your local shelter. Many of them have or know of low-cost
options.

Many also offer financial assistance! Locally we have the Spay Neuter
Assistance Program - for low income households to spay or neuter their pets
(and help cut down on homeless pets and the kill rate at shelters)