Old August 26th 03, 03:53 PM
Marina

Default Poor Frank

I took Frank to the vet last spring for a blood test to check his thyroid
level. I thought then that we wouldn't have to do that for a whole year,
because he was doing so well then. But, unfortunately, lately he seems to
have been losing weight. I can feel his spine when I stroke him, and his
shoulderblades feel really sharp, so I suspect that he needs to increase his
hyperthyroidism medication. I also think his pulse is quicker than it should
be. All the symptoms he had when he was diagnosed.

So, I have to take him in for a blood test again, which he hates. He used to
be quite happy and confident when we visited the vet. One vet even said he
was the nicest patient she had ever had. But since his hyperthyroidism was
diagnosed, he's become scared of the vet, because they always prick him and
draw lots of blood.

If he's in good enough shape, the vet will put him under and clean his
teeth, and draw the blood while he is sedated, so that would be easier
(though sedation is always a different worry, especially with and elder cat
like Frank).

A few purrs would be greatly appreciated.

--
Marina, worry-wart