Old April 15th 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default It has come to my attention

"Marina" wrote in message
On 13.4.2012 3:29, Joy wrote:

It's funny. I've had cats for years, and the first I ever heard of this
'rule of thumb' was here a couple of months ago. I've never had more
than
one litter box, and, with the exception of the time I tried the Breeze
System, my cats have always used it.

The extra boxes may be necessary for some cats, since all cats are
different, but I've certainly never found a need for them.

I've had two litterboxes for two cats as long as I can remember. Now I
have three cats but still two litterboxes. They usually pee in the bigger
one and poo in the smaller one. It seems to work fine.

Adrian's Shadow preferred to use the outside, like Boyfriend does and I
certainly haven't mentioned to Boyfie anything about "what happened in the
bath?"
I suspect that Boyfie didn't take the opportunity to go when he was out on
an exciting late at night rat patrol, so, rarely, he cannot hold himself
until morning.
His litterbox is moved to the bathroom. He's a fan of weeing on leaves and
earth so that's what has always been in it.
I don't think moving his litterbox upstairs to the bathroom will make much
difference, unless it's closer to the bath.
He only needs to use it in the night, very rarely, and it is equally secret
and safe whatever room it is in if I am asleep.
Tweed

I f